Skip to main content

The Price by Caroline Tiss

The Price 

by Caroline Tiss

 How is the taste?

The poison on your lips so sweet,

If the truth is subjective - which it is in the most divine sense, 

How can you thrash through the thicket of branches that is the heart of Sophia with wreck less hands and no consequences in your heart?

The reasoning is because in your futile spirit there is no question whether or not you have the right to hurt,

There is not a silver thread of questioning yourself as to why you run ramped with malice,

Why should you not question?

Why should you not ask where you have cut the vein or how much it cost?

Do not lie to me. 

Has Saturn taught you nothing?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sun Journal Entry - Caroline Tiss 7/30/2022

The Sun - Caroline Tiss   A child, a lover, a girl. Seventeen yet so surreal. I want to rise with this day dawning. The morning arises with the cracking whip of dawn, like lightning, like the fading of summer into an autumn chill, announcing the presence of her magnificence, Look upon the sun, Ask him what's his name? How long has it been since he has faced the terror of his past. Woman at his side, walking on glass. Years pass, she's torn between her lover and all she wants and more. Can we simply stop? Let us find what makes us satisfied. We are only as balanced as we become, and even then anything can change. So Swiftly, you would hear everything Cry and Bleed. So please, Look at yourself and all of the mess that we've become. You are not lost. But all is at stake. So love it or leave it, Drink it or beat it, Hate me or call me a Heathen. I do not give a damn. But look at what you have created. Please don't deny it. Just observe, think please. Don't listen to any...

Deceit poem by Caroline Tiss

  Deceit  To claim that you "cannot deny" is false. People can deny anything they want, and they continue to. You could deny yourself into an absolute and utter lie, You deny yourself into deceit and I will not be there to catch you if you fall, A wolf in sheep's clothing is much worse than no wolf at all. 

Am I Late? - poem by Caroline Tiss

 Am I late? I enjoy you, I enjoy the waves which beckon me, I call them as they call to me, like you call to me. Late to the party too often lately, You tell me I have always been intoxicating, Perhaps consuming much like the swarming, It is a subtle fear, tears bellow. And you go on like the overture of a cello. I stop you to say, "we feel like lovers." I know that it's not really worth it to leap from anything deeper I have learned what I had to believe me, But we feel like lovers, And I know that it's selfish, I know I am headed straight for the pit, let them eat my bones to carry on the tune, You bright eyed alchemist, your magnificence echos to me in the chambers of memories of songs. We feel like Lovers. How can I hold back? What is pride if not my honor? The paint will fade anyway but give me a golden chance  I just know that I would break it.