Skip to main content

Reverie by Caroline Tiss

 Reverie by Caroline Tiss

I used to look into your eyes
And they would call my name
Now I'm left lonely
Singing in the rain
A lonesome tune
A melody
Wandering on, in pain
I used to wish you would come back to me
Sail the sea of Saturn's rings
Just to see my face
But I won't call into the dark any longer
I won't ring the chapel bell
Just to see your grace
I am at peace with your choice
I have my happiness
Though some days
I am reminded of when you used to keep me warm by candlelight
On an autumn day
But I don't need you anymore
Though I love you still
I now sing beneath the Willow trees
And I think I always will.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sun Journal Entry - Caroline Tiss 7/30/2022

The Sun - Caroline Tiss   A child, a lover, a girl. Seventeen yet so surreal. I want to rise with this day dawning. The morning arises with the cracking whip of dawn, like lightning, like the fading of summer into an autumn chill, announcing the presence of her magnificence, Look upon the sun, Ask him what's his name? How long has it been since he has faced the terror of his past. Woman at his side, walking on glass. Years pass, she's torn between her lover and all she wants and more. Can we simply stop? Let us find what makes us satisfied. We are only as balanced as we become, and even then anything can change. So Swiftly, you would hear everything Cry and Bleed. So please, Look at yourself and all of the mess that we've become. You are not lost. But all is at stake. So love it or leave it, Drink it or beat it, Hate me or call me a Heathen. I do not give a damn. But look at what you have created. Please don't deny it. Just observe, think please. Don't listen to any...

Deceit poem by Caroline Tiss

  Deceit  To claim that you "cannot deny" is false. People can deny anything they want, and they continue to. You could deny yourself into an absolute and utter lie, You deny yourself into deceit and I will not be there to catch you if you fall, A wolf in sheep's clothing is much worse than no wolf at all. 

Am I Late? - poem by Caroline Tiss

 Am I late? I enjoy you, I enjoy the waves which beckon me, I call them as they call to me, like you call to me. Late to the party too often lately, You tell me I have always been intoxicating, Perhaps consuming much like the swarming, It is a subtle fear, tears bellow. And you go on like the overture of a cello. I stop you to say, "we feel like lovers." I know that it's not really worth it to leap from anything deeper I have learned what I had to believe me, But we feel like lovers, And I know that it's selfish, I know I am headed straight for the pit, let them eat my bones to carry on the tune, You bright eyed alchemist, your magnificence echos to me in the chambers of memories of songs. We feel like Lovers. How can I hold back? What is pride if not my honor? The paint will fade anyway but give me a golden chance  I just know that I would break it.